It's been awhile...


*Note:

For the record, it's been awhile because I was busy writing "The Joy of Ex" and building another blog. Come on over and visit me at www.thejoyofex.net! :)


Wow...I have to apologize for the length of time that's passed since my last post. Life is insane, and even as I'm typing this, my eyeballs are on fire (and it's only 7:40 in the evening). I'm exhausted.

See...I have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew. At the moment, I'm running two businesses (I have SEVERE A.D.D.), and my brain just won't shut off!

I hope you're all well, and staying sane. And that's the topic of today's post; Hanging on to our sanity :)

What's going on that makes you feel like you want to run away? (Been there...) Are the kids making you nuts...making a mess behind you as you clean? Are you feeling stretched? Feeling like you're completely alone? Are you getting that "what the hell am I doing here" feeling?

Here's what I do, and what I tell women who're feeling like they're 'losing it'; Take a deep breath. Take another. Close your eyes, and try to think about the fact that this is temporary. Things always 'feel' bigger than they really are, and all of 'this' will blow over.

I find that going over the things that I want to accomplish in my head (regardless of how big or how small), and how I'm going to get them, works wonders. That causes me to whip out my trusty notebook, and start writing. Once I'm engulfed in my thoughts about all the things that I want and how I'm going to get them, what I want my life to look like in 1, 3, 5 and 10 years, all of that 'little stuff' that I was stressing about goes completely away.

Try it!

First, get a notebook. This notebook is your "Big Book of Goals". Guard this thing with your mortal life. It's a loose road map for all of the things that I KNOW you can accomplish WHEN you put your mind to it. I say 'when' because there can't be ANY doubt in your mind that you can get these things....NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER.

What's going to go into your "Big Book of Goals"? Shoot me an email...Tell me!

Have a GREAT weekend! :)

Debbie




No comments:

Post a Comment