WHAT'S IT WORTH TO YOU?

Wow...I can't believe the weekend is over already. Where'd the time go?

I'm seriously dreading Monday morning. It actually means that I have to get up early, and head out to do something that I'm not particularly enthusiastic about.

But you know what? I'm working on changing that.

Someone told me last week, that she isn't "happy in her 'spot'". When I asked her what she meant, she rattled off a few things about her life (or her 'spot') that she isn't exactly enthusiastic about. Most of the things that she named though, were things that she could control....if she chose to. (I know that she's reading this, or will have by Monday morning sometime.)

Since my divorce, I've let a million things 'run over' me. I've let various things get to me, that I really shouldn't have. I let some things that I could control, get out of control, and then I wondered why I was miserable.

I've been taking a long hard look lately at some of the things that make me miserable. I'm working on changing them. One in particular HAS TO GO. It's killing me slowly. Within 6 months I will have changed that landscape entirely.

Imagine what it is that you'd like your life to be. Those things that work for you right now, you keep. Those that make you miserable...you ditch...or you change. Some things will be easier to change, some will be more difficult to do (I still have 5 lbs. to lose from Christmas. It's February, and it's still here). You just have to decide how badly you want it.

I have a list; it's a list of things that I'm going to get for myself by the end of 2009. Some of the things on this list are much smaller than others, some won't materialize until closer to the end of the year. But that's ok. With this I can be patient. If that's how long it takes, it'll be worth it.

My point here would be; Decide what it's worth to you to change the things that you can change. Make your list. Change those things that you're unhappy with.

And now, off to bed.

It's a little late for martinis, but you know the drill =)

Debbie :)


*Note:

For the record, it's been awhile because I was busy writing "The Joy of Ex" and building another blog. Come on over and visit me at www.thejoyofex.net! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment