The only way to get through it...


*Note:

For the record, it's been awhile because I was busy writing "The Joy of Ex" and building another blog. Come on over and visit me at www.thejoyofex.net! :)


... is to GO through it.

I get a fair bit of mail from women (and some men), asking, "how do I get through this 'divorce' thing? I mean, how do I get through all of the emotional stuff with my sanity intact?'"
And my answer to that question whether it's from a male or female is always the same; The only way to get through it, is to go through it. Period.

By that I mean, all of the emotions that you'll experience while going through the divorce process, will be useful to you in the short run. Know that they'll make you stronger, more confident, and I won't necessarily say "assertive", but you definitely will be able to relate to them and draw on them, almost as if doing so for strength or for using them as a gauge to how far you've come further in your journey.


There's a song by Christina Aguilera that I'm sure most of you can relate to. Every time I hear this song, it reminds me of all those emotions that we experience going through divorce, and every time I hear this song, I think "I could've written this. It's exactly where I am in this process right now."


The song is called "Fighter".

It goes as follows:


After all you put me through

You'd think I'd despise you

But in the end I wanna thank you
'Cause you made that much stronger


Well I thought I knew you

Thinking that you were true

Guess I, I couldn't trust
called your bluff
Time is up,
'cause I've had enough


You were there by my side

Always down for the ride
But your joy ride just
came down in flames

'Cause your greed
sold me out in shame, mmm hmm


After all of the stealing and cheating

You probably think that
I
hold resentment for you

But uh uh, oh no, you're wrong


'Cause if it wasn't for all

That you tried to do

I wouldn't know just how capable
I am to pull through

So I wanna say thank you

'Cause it
Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder

Makes me that much wiser

So thanks for making me a fighter


Made me learn a little bit faster

Made my skin a little bit thicker

Makes me that much smarter

So thanks for making me a fighter


Never saw it coming

All of your backstabbing

Just so, you could cash in
on a good thing
Before I'd realized your game

I heard you're going 'round

Playin' the victim now

But don't even begin feelin' I'm the one to blame

'Cause you dug your own grave

After all of the fights and the lies

Guess you're wanting to hurt me
But that won't work anymore

No more, uh uh, it's over

'Cause if it wasn't for all of your torture

I wouldn't know how to be this way now
And never back down

So I wanna say thank you


This one's for you Lynne :) xo


Martinis for Everyone!


Debbie.




Share |

No comments:

Post a Comment